La Nueva Capital
Almost two years ago, InnerCHANGE planted a new team in a barrio called La Nueva Capital in Tegulcigalpa, Honduras. In a place of extreme poverty, the team, alongside many local believers, reaches out to many in difficult circumstances; works to build Christian unity; and seeks the development of peace in the midst of violence.
The focus of this internship will be on learning about migration, justice, Christian unity, and poverty.
Interns can expect to participate in:
- Preparing and serving food for children in the community
- conversations with key community members
- visiting homes and connecting with local families
- researching local protestant and evangelical churches
- activities with youth
- fun activities and spontaneous ministry that develops along the way.
Qualities of interns necessary for this internship:
- Able to speak Spanish well as almost everything takes place in Spanish.
- Willing to live in circumstances that require flexibility and engage cross-culturally.
- Willingness to learn.
- Willingness to lead and to follow depending on what the situation requires.
- Open to conversations about christian unity among both Catholics and Protestants.
- Willing to dress modestly as appropriate to the context.